Writing Intensive Courses

After completing English 1000, select one Writing Intensive (WI) course from anywhere in the University curriculum to meet the WI requirement in general education. After that, select a WI course at a 3000- or 4000-level in your major area of study. In some cases, your department may ask you to take a 3000- or 4000-level WI course in another department but still in an area closely related to your major. To receive credit for taking a writing intensive course, students must earn a grade in the C-range or better.

All WI courses use writing as a tool for thinking and learning; all require revision as a way of improving critical thinking. WI courses are flagged in the Registrar’s Schedule of Courses. There may also be some WI courses listed at the Campus Writing Program website that do not yet appear on the Registrar’s site.